Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The reason I love to preserve food.

My husband bought five avocados the other day so he can make guacamole. Today, he pulls them out of the fridge and asks me if we have any more tomatoes left. I kindly tell him no but I do have a quart of tomatoes in the pantry that I canned a few weeks ago. He thinks about it for a minute and then tells me that they should work but we'll have to go get a jalapeno pepper to go in it. I pull a bag out of the freezer that I vacuum sealed a while back ago and told him he could just pull a few out from it. Because I had everything we needed for the recipe already on hand since I had preserved it weeks ago for this reason only, we were able to have chips and guacamole today.

Now, let me tell you about my awesome avocado slicer. If you don't have one then I suggest you get one. It not only scoops out the avocado from the peeling but it also slices it, too. 


 See how simple it is to use this thing?


 I love this kitchen gadget and beg the husband to let me scoop out the avocados every time he makes guacamole. I love using this especially when we slice avocado to put on sandwiches. It makes even slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment